Coronavirus is a virus of a large family that causes diseases such as fever and the common cold. And if not taken care of it properly, it even leads to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). A novel coronavirus is a new strain that has not been identified earlier in humans. It gets its name from its crown-like shape. Sometimes, but not usually, a coronavirus can infect both animals and humans.
But in early 2020, after a December 2019 outbreak in China, the World Health Organization (WHO) identified a new type, 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which can be very dangerous. The organization named it COVID-19. The outbreak quickly moved from China to global. It spread the same way other coronaviruses do through person to person contact.
Symptoms of Coronavirus can show up from 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Some of the symptoms that may be seen during coronavirus are listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty in breathing
In more severe cases, the Coronavirus can cause pneumonia, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), kidney failure, and even death.
There is currently no vaccine to stop coronavirus disease in 2019(COVID-19). The safest way to prevent sickness is to avoid being exposed to this disease. As a result, people are advised every day to acquire preventive action to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
Some of the few steps which may help to prevent the attack of coronavirus are listed down below:
- Avoid close contact among people showing symptoms of the virus.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay at your home if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or clean clothes while coughing or sneezing, then dispose of it properly.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wash.
- Always wear a mask while going out.
- Use facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of the virus to help prevent the measure of disease to others.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water.